1. Keep paper, stamps, and pen in one spot. A portable desk may be useful at home to help you take your supplies from room to room.
2. If you have a lot of notes to write, set a goal of writing a few a day.
3. Use dead time. Skip a routine such as scrolling through social media. Turn off the after-dinner TV for half an hour.
4. Set aside 20 minutes a day for writing notes. Work on them for that amount of time, then go on to something else.
5. Use your mobile device to draft notes to yourself while you are waiting in line or on public transportation. Copy the notes by hand later.