With some 36.9 million people in the U.S. claiming Irish ancestry, St. Patrick’s Day is a grand celebration. Whether your choice of beverage for the day is green beer or green tea, here are some traditional Irish wishes well-suited for a toast:
- May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
- May the roof above us never fall in and we friends beneath it never fall out.
- Wherever you go and whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be there with you.
- May your right hand always be stretched out in friendship and never in want.
- May your pockets be heavy, your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
- May your home always be too small to hold all your friends.
- Here’s to me and here’s to you and here’s to love and laughter. I’ll be true as long as you and not one moment after.
- Erin Go Bragh (Ireland Forever)